Applications for this position have now closed.
We are recruiting Youth Workers!
We are welcoming more young people to CYZ than ever before, and we are adding to our innovative and dynamic team of youth workers to support our vision to offer a fun and safe environment where the potential of young people is developed and fulfilled!
We are looking to recruit up to 5 x Youth Workers to grow and enhance our team. The purpose of these roles are to plan and deliver high quality youth work that supports young people in their personal, social and educational development.
The hours available varies from 3 hours per week (1 session) to up to 22.5 hours per week (if you are working across all 6 sessions). We are happy to be flexible with how we group the hours / sessions together for the right candidates.
The Youth Club sessions we are looking to add capacity to are:
- Monday Junior Club session 5 – 9pm
- Tuesday Senior Club session 6 –9.30pm
- Thursday Junior Club session 5 – 9pm
- Friday Senior Club session 6 – 9.30pm
- Saturday Junior Club session 1 – 4pm
- Saturday Senior Club session 6 – 9.30pm
Please let us know on your application form which sessions you are available to work.
Pay and benefits
We are proud to be meeting the Real Living Wage Foundation threshold for pay right across all roles in the organisation. This is a minimum rate voluntarily paid by employers like us who believe everyone needs and deserves a rate of pay that meets their everyday needs. The specific rate of pay for each role in the organisation can be found on the job description.
We also have a range of other benefits including:
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata) plus bank holidays (where applicable)
- Eligible to join the CYZ NEST Pension Scheme (with 6% employer contribution where applicable)
- Professional development and learning which includes informal opportunities to grow and develop, as well as access to more structured training opportunities via the OnSide Talent Academy
- Employee support including Medicash Assistance Programme
- Access to CYZ gym and fitness facilities (when not in use by young people)
- Discounted holiday club spaces for children and close family members
- Branded workwear
- Access to free parking and tea/coffee supplies
Find out more:
You can download the Job Description by clicking here and Recruitment pack here.
For any other questions, please contact Fiona Fergus (Business Support and Operations Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to apply?
If this sounds like a role for you then please download and complete our application form, linked below.
Download application form – PDF
Download application form – DOCX
Application closing date: we will be reviewing applications and progressing recruitment on a rolling basis with 9am Monday 6th March 2023 set as the final closing date and opportunity to apply.
We recognise the strength of our organisation is the diversity of our people, and we are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion, ensuring a culture where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We welcome all applications and especially encourage those from under-represented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic individuals, people with disabilities, and members of LGBTQ+ community.
In accordance with our Safer Recruitment procedures, these posts require CYZ to complete an Enhanced DBS check with a Children’s Barred List check.