Applications for this position are now closed.
UPDATE: Deadline extended to Monday 5 June at 9am.
We are looking to recruit a Reception and Business Support Worker to develop and enhance our team. This role is often the first point of contact for our CYZ community and offer a warm and engaging welcome to anyone who gets in touch. As an organisation that is primarily for and about young people, these roles provide a unique opportunity to make a difference to young people lives – showing how much we value them and supporting their aspirations for the future.
Working in a Youth Zone is truly unique. You are required to fulfil a wide spectrum of reception duties during Youth Club sessions, including welcoming and talking to our members (young people) and their parents or carers, ensuring the building is always welcoming, updating monitoring and recording systems to capture footfall, and administering membership badges.
26 hours per fortnight
(worked over a fortnightly alternate pattern of 9.5 hours / 16.5 hours per week)
3pm – 9pm Thursday (Junior (7 – 12yrs) session), weekly
3pm – 9.30pm Friday (Senior (12 – 18yrs) session), bi-weekly
9.30am – 1pm Saturday (Inclusion (7 – 25yrs) session), weekly
Pay and Benefits
We are proud to be meeting the Real Living Wage Foundation threshold for pay right across all roles in the organisation. This is a minimum rate voluntarily paid by employers like us who believe everyone needs and deserves a rate of pay that meets their everyday needs. The specific rate of pay for each role in the organisation can be found on the job description. We also have a range of other benefits including:
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata) plus bank holidays (where applicable)
- Eligible to join the CYZ NEST Pension Scheme (with 6% employer contribution where applicable)
- Professional development and learning which includes informal opportunities to grow and develop, as well as access to more structured training opportunities via the OnSide Talent Academy
- Employee support including Medicash Assistance Programme
- Access to CYZ gym and fitness facilities (when not in use by young people)
- Discounted holiday club spaces for children and close family members
- Branded workwear
- Access to free parking and tea/coffee supplies
Find Out More
Recruitment Pack – Download – PDF
Job Description – Download – PDF