What’s Senior Club About?
Senior Club is open to young people aged 12-18, and up to 25 years of age for young people who need additional support. Senior Club sessions run on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evening, and Senior members are also able to access the gym on weekdays after school and Saturday mornings.
WHAT HAPPENS IN SENIOR CLUB?
During a Senior Club session, youth workers are there to provide a service that gives young people space and responsibility.
Each night, we have a variety of activities planned that members are able to join in with – but we also like to go with the flow on the night.
WHAT ELSE IS ON OFFER?
At CYZ, we don’t just run our open club sessions, senior members are also able to take part in
- ‘Get a Future’ – A programme based on creating opportunities for employment, raising aspirations and exploring career choices.
- Young Leaders – A programme based on getting young people into positive volunteering opportunities with CYZ.
- E3 – A programme aiding employability skills in young people through the delivery of sports leaders and employability qualifications.
- Issue-based workshops – small workshops based on relevant/trending issues with young people.
- Trips/Residentials – There are various opportunities to get involved in trips and residentials across the CYZ provision.
- Sporting competitions/tournaments – There are various opportunities to get involved in sporting competitions and tournaments both locally and nationally throughout the year.
What Facilities Are At CYZ?
Carlisle Youth Zone has loads of great facilities where young people can come along and do as little or as much as they like.
Our fantastic facilities include:
- Well Equipped Gym
- Hair & Beauty Room
- Music Studio with recording facilities
- 3G Football pitch
- Sports Hall with climbing wall
- Cafe & training kitchen
- Arts & Crafts area
- Dance & Drama room
- Recreation Area (table tennis, pool, table football, air hockey and seating areas)
- Gaming area with consoles
- Full-size Driving Games
You can have a look around using our interactive tour, or we are more than happy to show you around in person!
Click on the pulsing circles to move around, or drag left and right to look around.
WHO CAN ATTEND SENIOR CLUB?
Anyone from school year 8 upwards can access Senior Club for only 50p entry and £5 per year membership fee. In some cases, we will make allowances for younger (year 7) members to access the Senior Club, but this is on an individual basis and you would need to speak to a team member to organise this.
WHEN CAN SENIOR MEMBERS ATTEND?
GYM ONLY SESSIONS
After school on weekdays (15:00-17:30)
Saturday Mornings (10:00-13:00)
We also run projects on a Wednesday night, which Senior Members are able to attend. Wednesday projects require booking in advance and run generally for 6 consecutive weeks. More information is available on our Wednesday Projects page.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF SENIOR MEMBERS?
We ask just three main things from Senior members to make sure CYZ is safe and enjoyable for everyone:
- Respect Each Other
- Respect The Staff
- Respect the Building and Equipment
Our full behaviour policy is available here