Senior Club is open to Young people aged 12-18, and up to 25 years of age for young people who need additional support. Senior Club sessions run on a Tuesday, Friday and Saturday evening from 6.30pm – 9:00pm. Senior Club members are also able to access the gym on weekdays from 3:00pm – 5:30pm and a Saturday from 10:00am-1:00pm.
Carlisle Youth Zone is a great facility where young people can come along and do as little or as much as they like. Our fantastic facility is made up of the following:
- Well Equipped Gym
- Hair & Beauty Room
- Music Studio with recording facilities
- 3G Football pitch
- Sports Hall with climbing wall
- Cafe with training equipment
- Arts & Crafts
- Dance & Drama
- Standard Recreation Area with table tennis, pool, table football & air hockey
- Gaming area with consoles
During a Senior Club session, youth workers are there to provide a service that gives young people space and responsibility, whilst also offering s range of activities that the young people can involve themselves in, should they wish to do so.
We are also able to offer the following:
- ‘Get a Future’ – A programme based on creating opportunities for employment, raising aspirations and exploring career choices.
- Young Leaders – A programme based on getting young people into positive volunteering opportunities with CYZ.
- E3 – A programme aiding employability skills in young people through the delivery of sports leaders and employability qualifications.
- Issue based workshops – small workshops based on relevant/trending issues with young people.
- Trips/Residentials – There are various opportunities to get involved in trips and residentials across the CYZ provision.
- Sporting competitions/tournaments – There are various opportunities to get involved in sporting competitions and tournaments both locally and nationally throughout the year.
Anyone from year 8 upwards can access Senior Club for only 50p entry and £5 per year membership fee.
We ask just three main things from Senior members:
- Respect Each Other
- Respect The Staff
- Respect the Building and Equipment
Come down and try it yourself.