Applications for this position have now closed.
We are recruiting a Reception and Business Support Worker!
In a recent team survey, 100% of team members said they feel proud to be connected to CYZ…..come and join us!
We are welcoming more young people to CYZ than ever before, and we are adding to our dynamic team to support our vision to offer a fun and safe environment where the potential of young people is developed and fulfilled!
We are looking to recruit a Reception and Business Support Worker to develop and enhance our team. These roles are often the first point of contact for our CYZ community and offer a warm and engaging welcome to anyone who gets in touch. As an organisation that is primarily for and about young people, these roles provide a unique opportunity to make a difference to young people lives – showing how much we value them and supporting their aspirations for the future.
Working in a Youth Zone is truly unique. You are required to fulfil a wide spectrum of reception duties during Youth Club sessions, including welcoming and talking to our members (young people) and their parents or carers, ensuring the building is always welcoming, updating monitoring and recording systems to capture footfall, and administering membership badges. This is combined with providing a range of administration support to the CYZ team including processing referrals for targeted youth support, managing petty cash, creating posters and signs, placing orders and co-ordinating room hire and bookings.
Our current vacancies are:
- 26 hours per fortnight worked over an alternate weekly pattern of 9.5 hours one week and 16.5 hours one week. This position will align to some of our Club opening times (details below) and involve reception and business support duties, with a particular focus on welcoming members and parents/carers to their session, supporting the delivery team with member enquires during club time, and overseeing parent/carer collection at the end.
- 3pm – 9pm Thursday (Junior (7 – 12yrs) session), weekly
- 3pm – 9.30pm Friday (Senior (12 – 18yrs) session), bi-weekly
- 30am – 1pm Saturday (Inclusion (7 – 25yrs) session), weekly
Pay and benefits
We are proud to be meeting the Real Living Wage Foundation threshold for pay right across all roles in the organisation. This is a minimum rate voluntarily paid by employers like us who believe everyone needs and deserves a rate of pay that meets their everyday needs. The specific rate of pay for each role in the organisation can be found on the job description.
We also have a range of other benefits including:
- 25 days holiday a year (pro rata) plus bank holidays (where applicable)
- Eligible to join the CYZ NEST Pension Scheme (with 6% employer contribution where applicable)
- Professional development and learning which includes informal opportunities to grow and develop, as well as access to more structured training opportunities via the OnSide Talent Academy
- Employee support including Medicash Assistance Programme
- Access to CYZ gym and fitness facilities (when not in use by young people)
- Discounted holiday club spaces for children and close family members
- Branded workwear
- Access to free parking and tea/coffee supplies
Find out more:
You can download the Job Description by clicking here and Recruitment pack here.
For any other questions, please contact Fiona Fergus (Business Support and Operations Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to apply?
If this sounds like a role for you then please download and complete our application form, available to download below.
Download application form – PDF
Download application form – DOCX
Application closing date: 9am Monday 6 March 2023
We recognise the strength of our organisation is the diversity of our people, and we are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion, ensuring a culture where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We welcome all applications and especially encourage those from under-represented groups including Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic individuals, people with disabilities, and members of LGBTQ+ community.
In accordance with our Safer Recruitment procedures, these posts require CYZ to complete an Enhanced DBS check with a Children’s Barred List check.